Events professional with fundraising expertise sought by the Donald Berman Yaldei Developmental Center. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Donald Berman Yaldei Developmental Center
The Donald Berman Yaldei Developmental Center seeks an experienced fundraising events professional to have overall responsibility for the planning, execution and management of Yaldei’s existing portfolio of events including an annual Bikathon, Charidy Campaign, and ORT event, and to originate and create new similar events.
We are seeking an enterprising and positive person who is empathetic to and motivated by our cause, and comfortable with both the logistics of events and with fundraising.
Founded in 1998, Yaldei is a private non-profit organization offering early intervention, specialized therapies, elementary and high school education, summer camp experiences, evening and weekend family respite, and mainstream school integration support for 230 children per year with intellectual disabilities, global developmental delays, and autism. Yaldei’s core mission is simply to help children with special needs to realize their fullest potential and greatest happiness in life. To be all they can be.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, mentor and motivate event volunteers – building and sustaining volunteer teams supporting events.
- Event planning, logistics and organization across a variety of event types, including third party, peer-to-peer, phonathon appeals, etc.
- Produce and manage event budgets.
- Develope revenue models for existing and new event, i.e. sponsorship, ticket sales, etc.
- Create, design, build and implement new fundraising events.
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer to ensure close coordination on sponsorship approaches to avoid parallel activities.
- Determine and organize event marketing activities to ensure the event’s success.
- Designing corporate sponsorship programs and opportunities.
- Developing corporate sponsorship collaterals and presentations.
- Identifying and approaching potential sponsors and securing sponsorships for events.
- Developing and implementing sponsorship stewardship plans.
- a ‘can do’ attitude and have the ability to engage volunteers, sponsors and event participants to the event and the cause, resulting in a revenues;
- ‘people person’ skills: the ability to engage and building motivated teams out of volunteer committees, parents and Board members;
- the ability to make an event happen through a team approach based on consensus building and collaboration;
- the ability to make cold calls, and have the energy and enthusiasm to attract new sponsors to Yaldei;
- the ability to engage both secular Jewish and non-Jewish communities;
- 5 years minimum experience of events, marketing, and/or fundraising;
- excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French;
- knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel;
- experience with a CRM would be an asset.
- an energetic, positive, self-motivated and determine person who is looking for an opportunity to prove yourself and climb the career ladder in an entrepreneurial and vibrant organization;
- able to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- a self-reliant self-starter, able to manage your own work flow and priorities;
- a strong team player who is good at sharing information and fundraising intelligence;
- willing to attend the occasional out of hours event or meeting.
The salary offered is in the $50k – $75k range, dependent upon the skills and experience of the candidate.