St. George’s School of Montreal is looking for a Director of Advancement to lead the School through the campaign and provide an exciting opportunity for the community to further engage with the School. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
St. GEORGE’S SCHOOL OF MONTREAL
St. George’s has been a leader in progressive education since the 1930s, dedicated to nurturing the whole child with a well-balanced and rigorous curriculum. As an independent, co-educational, non- denominational K-11 school, St. George’s has occupied a distinct place in Montreal’s educational landscape with a community of dedicated staff, parents and alumni who continue to encourage the school to grow and provide a flexible, dynamic learning environment.
The School is embarking on an ambitious and exciting comprehensive capital campaign project that will transform the High School through the addition of classrooms, study areas, a flexible multipurpose wellness area and a greenspace. The project seeks to further St. George’s commitment to sustainability by providing additional learning and teaching spaces that integrate biophilic and natural design principles.
St. George’s is looking for a Director of Advancement to lead the School through the campaign and provide an exciting opportunity for the community to further engage with the School. The Director of Advancement will be a results-oriented and passionate professional who is prepared to take on challenges in a healthy and dynamic workplace. Reporting to the Head of School, they require an overall understanding of the responsibilities of Advancement Services, including prospect management, strategic planning, solicitation and stewardship, gift processing and database work.
The Director will head the School’s Advancement Department and work with a small team dedicated to Advancement. In addition, they will be part of the School’s Leadership Team, responsible for cultivating meaningful relationships with our engaged parent and Board leadership, and building a culture of philanthropy at the School that will extend beyond the campaign.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of the campaign in order to increase Major Gifts and Annual Fund revenue for St. George’s
- Establish and work closely with campaign and School volunteers for fundraising and cultivation purposes
- Grow the gift pipeline through prospect identification and relationship building to ensure the success of the campaign goals and of St. George’s overall fundraising activities
- Serve St. George’s as a key spokesperson to articulate the school’s case for support
- Develop an overall Advancement strategy with programs designed to attract maximum gift support, including Annual Fund solicitation, Tribute Giving and Planned Giving programs
- Oversee the processing of all gift income for the purpose of providing receipts and the maintaining of giving records of donors to the school.
- Oversee and evaluate the Advancement Department’s work and staff members, in part by instituting performance metrics for the work undertaken
- Collaborate with the Communications team to ensure an integrated and cohesive approach to the School’s various communities and around the Campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years’ experience in philanthropy, with a strong preference for candidates with
previous campaign experience
- Proven experience in major gift fundraising, preferably with some experience with education
- Motivated professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in
the $50,000+ range
- Successful experience in working with and supporting organizational leadership as well as
developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate in
- Experience with a donor database (Raisers’ Edge) and prospect management tools
- Management experience
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time and strong organizational skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate, with sophisticated interpersonal skills and savvy
A generous salary and benefits package is available, commensurate with experience.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Elizabeth Gomery, Founding Partner, at email@example.com or Tamara Granatstein, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org