Ometz is looking for a dynamic and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join their executive team.
Ometz is a charitable organization that supports and strengthens individuals and families through a range of employment, immigration, school and social services. Their work is guided by our core values: self-sufficiency, inclusivity, human dignity, caring communities and excellence.
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (COO)
Full time – Permanent position
Ometz is looking for a dynamic and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our executive team. The COO is responsible for developing the overall operational strategy in accordance with and in service to the organization’s overall mission and strategy. The COO assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the agency in taking on a leadership role in operational decision-making that affects the delivery of desired results through empowerment, development and the deployment of people, processes and technology. In all functions and responsibilities, the COO must provide the highest level of client services and responsiveness to all stakeholders. The COO must provide leadership and embody the highest level of integrity and transparency.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values and mission of Ometz. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for the not for profit and/or the human service sector. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate who has proven experience in operational management and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse cross-functional team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO serves as a business partner to the CEO regarding the organization’s financial, operational, business planning, budgeting, administrative processes and practices while focusing on continuously developing and improving systems. As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the COO plays a key strategic role in ensuring the agency’s overall success and fulfilment of its mission.
The COO will manage and build upon operational infrastructure and systems including finance, accounting, risk management, Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR), impact measurement, and physical infrastructure. The COO oversees the managers and staff from these various departments.
The COO will also be involved in the implementation of new points of service at different sites, further to the expansion of Ometz.
- A strong manager, the COO will manage and oversee various operational dossiers including but not limited to the HR department; Finance department; Administrative supports; Facilities management; Information Technology department; Impact measurement;
- Work collaboratively with leadership at all levels, including the Board of Directors and various standing committees of the Board; as well as other agencies, community institutions and stakeholders;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Ometz’s strategic plan;
- Provide performance indicators (KPI’s) to the CEO to ensure the agency’s objectives are met;
- Work closely with the Manager of Finance to prepare, present and explain the operating results and the financial reports to the members of the Senior Management team;
- Ensure the management, activities and maintenance of all facilities;
- Work closely with the Manager of Human Resources on the development of performance planning processes, hiring processes and benefits administration;
- Collaborate with the Manager of Human Resources to ensure that recruitment processes are effective in order to meet staffing needs;
- In collaboration with the Director of IT , explore areas for improvement of the current information system to support the agency’s mission, the improvement of management reporting and the flow and management of information, propose technological changes to be implemented;
- Ensure strong compliance and governance in all operational activities;
- Collaborate with the Impact Measurement Manager by helping to further develop data collection standards and data reporting outputs and outcomes to be used in decision-making process at Ometz;
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities and develop strategies to address them;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the CEO.
As noted, Ometz is an organization driven by the values of its people, so experience in the operational management of a “values-driven”, multi-disciplinary organization will be highly prized. Additional requirements are:
- Strong strategic management skills with the ability to articulate clear and understandable goals that align with the overall vision;
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness;
- General Management—thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing;
- Minimally a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or other relevant degree, an MBA and/or CPA would be an asset;
- Five to eight years of demonstrated professional experience in operational management and administration, preferably in the not-for-profit sector and/or human services sector;
- Experience working closely with the CEO, Senior Management, a board of directors, and auditors (external and government);
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Strong team manager;
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Excellent people skills and communication skills;
- Proven effectiveness leading teams/personnel and management of workflow in finance and accounting, IT, HR and administration;
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems;
- Technologically savvy;
- Flexible and self-starter, able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission and values of Ometz;
- Experience working in or knowledge of the Jewish community.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, September 22, 2020.