Canadian Friends of Tel Aviv University (CFTAU) is seeking an enthusiastic, talented and experienced fundraising professional to join our small and ambitious team.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for fundraising, donor relations, communications, events and the advancement of CFTAU. Working in collaboration with CFTAU’s stakeholders, this individual will help develop and implement strategies that generate awareness, relationships, engagement and financial support from within our constituency and the broader public.
CANADIAN FRIENDS OF TEL AVIV UNIVERSITY
We provide direct funding support for the educational and research goals of Tel Aviv University (TAU), Israel’s largest and most comprehensive institution of higher learning, facilitated by enhanced public awareness of the University’s achievements and programming through the development of a strong local network of support.
Our mission is to increase local awareness of Tel Aviv University’s global excellence in academic
and research programs and reunite alumni and past attendees living in Canada.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive and sustainable fundraising program to identify, cultivate, and secure gifts and steward donors to TAU through CFTAU.
- Increase public awareness of CFTAU’s mission to acquire financial support for its programs and TAU projects as established by the Executive Director, CFTAU’s Regional Board of Directors and the University.
- Play a critical role in developing relationships on behalf of the University and in creating and fostering a philanthropic culture with the University’s different constituents, including Young Professionals and TAU Alumni.
- Engage and work with CFTAU’s Regional Board and its committees. Create meaningful opportunities for our donors and community to connect with TAU and empower them to be our best ambassadors.
- Personal integrity, sound judgment and a donor-centered approach.
- Ability to manage confidential information professionally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Reliability and strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Independent self-starter, enthusiastic, resourceful and goal-driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Organized and follows through on tasks and goals
- Previous fundraising experience (5 years or more), with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding targets.
- Familiarity with Annual Fund campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
- An effective team member, experienced in working collectively towards goals.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Post-secondary education.
- Superior written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Fluency in Hebrew is an asset.
Philanthropica is proud to be leading CFTAU’s recruitment efforts for this important position. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Tamara Granatstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates who have been retained for an interview will be contacted. Please be assured that all enquiries will be held in strict confidence.