ONE DROP—a non-profit organization created in 2007 by Cirque du Soleil’s Founder Guy Laliberté—strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. ONE DROP significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions though innovative projects which promote self-reliance in communities worldwide. To learn more, visit ONEDROP.org
ONE DROP is seeking a Manager of Philanthropy with an enterprising spirit and who is prepared to take on challenges in a stimulating and rapidly expanding environment. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Manager of Philanthropy is a valuable contributor to the strategic direction and decision-making of the Revenue Generating (RG) team and plays a leadership role in major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, while providing major gift support and direction to the other members of the RG team and for high-level volunteers. The Manager of Philanthropy attends and participates in strategy and planning meetings, and is knowledgeable in best practices for major gift philanthropy and moves management. The incumbent ensures integration with ONE DROP donation processing, prospect management and donor clearance, and tracking systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of major gift prospect and donor relationships to realise a $2.1M target for 2015, in collaboration with the CEO and senior volunteers,
- Exercise leadership in directing and influencing others in the attainment of established objectives.
- Establish and communicate goals and provide regular feedback to RG team members.
- Foster and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, donors, collaborators and volunteers.
- Ensure that fundraising is conducted efficiently and effectively to support the goals and objectives of ONE DROP and in collaboration with the other departments within the RG team (Special Events and Business/Corporate Development).
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
- Proven experience in major gift fundraising, preferably with experience of working with international donors.
- Motivated professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the $100,000+ range.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with excellent interpersonal skills and savvy.
- Client-focused, with problem solving, priority setting, analytical and organizational skills.
- Successful experience in working with and supporting organizational leadership as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, carry on multiple projects within the same timeframe, and to adapt and be flexible to changing circumstances.
- Proficient in a PC environment. Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French.
|Education||– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.|
|Professional Experience||– Minimum five years’ experience in the field of philanthropy (minimum 2 years in major gift fundraising) with knowledge of international fundraising.|
|Languages, Technical knowledge||– Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written;|
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Word and Excel;
– Experience with a CRM an asset.
|Other Requirements||– Management experience;|
– Ability to work under pressure and manage emergencies;
– Excellent organizational skills;
– Ability to manage budgets and related issues;
– Excellent ability to communicate and strong teamwork skills;
– Ability to manage by priority and meet deadlines;
– Ability to work within an evolving organizational context.
|Working Conditions||– Availability to travel|
Last updated: January 12, 2015